We invite nominations for the awards from affiliated JCCs, YM-YWHAs, and independent overnight camps in good standing with JCC Association. Each JCC/Y/camp may submit one (1) entry per Program Award except where indicated. Following these guidelines, a JCC may submit up to five (6) program entries in total. The initiative must have been started or significantly improved since Sept. 1, 2016. JCC Association professional staff will judge the Program Awards. All entries must be submitted by Oct. 15, 2018 using the online application at https://app.jcca.org/2019procon/
- Clarity of objectives
- Strategic excellence
- Connection to Jewish life—priority will be given to initiatives that further the JCC’s primary purpose, as detailed in the JCC Movement Vision and Statement of Principles for the 21st Century. Visit jcca.org/commentary for the complete text.
- Effectiveness—please as much relevant metrics and data as possible
- Adaptability for use by other agencies
- Entries will be considered in terms of innovative qualities.
- Branding (where appropriate): the extent to which any collateral materials reflect the JCC Movement brand (if submission does not use the JCC Movement brand, demonstrate how materials reflect the JCC local brand).
You will be asked to submit the following information for each entry on the submission form:
- Agency name
- CEO/Executive Director’s name and email
- Lead staff person for this initiative and email
- Title of program or initiative
- In 200 words or less, describe the initiative in clear and compelling language (including goals, targets and achievements). If your submission wins an award, this is the text that will be used to share your initiative with the world.
- You must include a 60-second video about your program (Can be done both traditionally or using your smartphone, must be HD quality. View full video guidelines at https://d.jcca.org/download/JCC_PROCON_VIDEO.pdf). If your submission wins an award, this is the video that can be used to share your initiative with the world.
- WHY did you do it? (e.g., What was the motivation behind this initiative? What was the problem, the challenge, the opportunity, etc.) (Maximum 400 words)
- What did you hope to accomplish for your agency?
- HOW did you do it? (e.g., What steps did you implement to solve the problem, meet the challenge, seize the opportunity?) Please be sure to indicate the financial and human resources required, as well as key dates (when planning began, when program was launched, etc.). (Maximum 400 words)
- WHAT happened? (e.g., What were the outcomes? What has been the impact on your agency, your staff, your community?) PLEASE PROVIDE METRICS—the specific quantitative and qualitative criteria you used in evaluating the success of this effort. (e.g., dollars raised, number of members or participants joined/increased, impressions seen, etc.) (Maximum 400 words)
- ADAPTABILITY: What resources would be needed to make this program work at another agency? One of the key objectives for these awards is to help other JCCs to implement high quality programs. Please be clear about how this can be replicated.
- You must include 2-4 photos.
- All fields are mandatory.
All of the questions above are designed to help you tell a compelling story about what makes this program the one that should win.
- All materials must be submitted electronically, with option to attach supporting files.
- Agencies may submit supplemental supporting material in addition to the electronic submission via USPS mail only if it is necessary to show the value of the program/initiative and if doing so strengthens the submission. If submitting something in the mail, entrants should print their emailed receipt from the electronic submission, and include it to ensure easy identification.
Please mail any applicable collateral, supporting materials, and/or marketing materials, along with a print of the emailed receipt from your electronic submission to:
520 Eighth Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Mail must be postmarked by Oct. 15, 2018. All entries become property of JCC Association and may be used to promote JCCs of North America.